Yup, potong. Jangan tak potong (no pun intended) …
In view of the recent development annouced during the Budget 2010 tabled last month regarding the RM50 annual service tax on principal credit card, I have decided to potong (and cancelled) all my cards.
Errr, tinggal satu jer yang tak. Nak guna masa nak travel outstation nanti2…
How to Cut Up and Throw Away a Credit Card
- Look at the credit card and be certain that this is the credit card that you want to cut up. Don’t laugh; many have absentmindedly cut up their new credit cards!
- Identify the embossed card number on the front. Turn it over. Recognize that number is reproduced on the back with the addition of a three digit security code.
- Referencing the front of the card, cut three times. Once between the four groups of numbers. Snip, snip, and snip.
- Find the security code on the reverse side. Cut so that the embossed number and code are separated. Snip. Also a good idea to snip each of the four pieces into halves again (eighths).
- Discard each of the eight parts in a different receptacle. Preferably in different cities. But, distinctly different locations and at distinctly different times.😀